belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Saturday 25 June 2011

When we were younger we used to go into our attic and play dress-up with all the amazing clothes that at some point belonged to our Mum, Grandma, various Aunts. Of course they looked ridiculous as we were about 5 and disappeared inside them. As I got older and began to grow into them it was far easier to envision them as items that could quite comfortably be on a hanger in Urban Outfitters. This dress in particular was one of my favourites. Originally (I wish I had photographed it) it had these inflatable sleeves and the length was unflattering. With the print I thought it would be better to take away some material, so I got my Grandma (who is pretty handy with a needle and thread) to shorten it and to make the sleeves simple T-shirt sleeves. I have worn it to death.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you have an attic of vintage clothes to rummage through :) and the dress is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Glad you like it, it really is one of my favourites. Most of my friends have worn it too. xx

    ReplyDelete