belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Friday 30 September 2011

Dr. Murad skincare event gives my skin a reality check

I was invited to a Murad skincare event on Monday night in the May Fair Hotel. The evening consisted of mango martinis, canapes, cupcakes, beauty bloggers and, most importantly, Murad founder and skincare pioneer Dr. Murad himself.


 
Murad skincare range infused with pomegranate goodness


Dr Murad presented to the room full of bloggers, educating us on his holistic approach to skincare. Dr Murad explained to achieve great skin we must look to improve our health first. He told us to "eat your water"; it's more nutritional to eat fruit and vegetables containing water rather than simply drink eight glasses a day.


Dr. Murad's team were offering a skin analysis using their skin scanner. The skin scanner takes two images: the first shows a close up view of your face highlighting wrinkles and lines, the second image is a deeper look exposing pigmentation and sun damage. The Murad skincare consultant explained that I'm lucky as my skin is line and wrinkle free. Unfortunately she wasn't as enthusiastic about the next image. She explained that I've got quite a bit of sun damage across my forehead and nose.


 Pigmentation and skin damage... not a pretty picture!


It was a definite wake-up call. Over the past two years I've tried to take better care of my skin by always wearing moisturiser with SPF. However when I was eighteen I was not quite so skin savvy - I burnt my face so badly while sunbathing I had blisters along my forehead; I had to spend a small fortune on products from a dermatologist to rescue my flaking, painful face.


The consultant assured me that there is still hope as I'm 24, a non-smoker and don't drink too much. She prescribed a good skincare regime, lots of SPF and avoiding hours in the sun to reverse the damage. Fingers crossed! The Murad skincare team were amazing and I would recommend you visit one of their spas (across the UK in hotels & salons) or Urban Retreat at Harrods for your very own wake-up call.


 Delicious cupcakes!


At the end of the evening we were given a goody bag with new products including an Eye Lift Illuminator, Skin Perfecting Primer and the brand new Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture cream (featuring Collagen Support Complex), I can't wait to try these out over the next few weeks.... coming to a Bells On Book blog post near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment