belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Inspired by the Velvet Revolution

I’m incredibly impatient, and with my Gran having donated so much material to me, I have been desperate to get sewing.
With my sewing class now over, I was a bit anxious about making a pair or trousers without the advice of my tutor. I had visions of blue velvet trousers, and with a night out planned on Friday, I was desperate to wear them. The only problem was I had never made trousers, and also never worked with velvet. I had a pattern for a pair of high wasited flares, which wasn’t quite I wanted, but I felt I could quite easily adapt it. Well it wasn’t so easy to adapt, and sewing in between the legs is harder than I thought. I just kept trying them on and adjusting them and here’s the result …




I think I did alright (I didn't go out with my hair like that, forgive the photo) …

No comments:

Post a Comment