belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Saturday 3 December 2011

Stylist Skincare Awards Reader Event & Clarins All About Lips gift set


I’m mad about Stylist. I demonstrate my level of dedication to the free weekly magazine every Wednesday morning when I take a five minute detour on my commute just to pick one up.

 Stylist magazine, one of my favourite covers!

I'm also mad about beauty. So you can imagine how eager I was to purchase the £10 ticket to attend the “Stylist Skincare Awards – Exclusive Reader Event” at Harvey Nicks, Knightsbridge on Thursday evening. At the event I was astounded by the sheer depth of knowledge possessed by beauty editor Joanna McGarry on all things beauty and skincare. During a question and answer session women fervently quizzed Jo on their skin problems:

“I suffer from adult acne, but also have dry skin, what product do you recommend I use?” or, “Sometimes I experience large, uncomfortable spots when I use certain brands. What products do you think are best for my skin?”

Jo provided candid and educated answers sounding at times like a qualified dermatologist. 

One of the highlights of the evening was when, following Jo’s presentation, a few glasses of champagne and a mini chocolate cupcake (or three), I took a leisurely stroll through the glistening, gorgeous aisles of Harvey Nicks beauty department to buy something lovely (the ticket was redeemable against purchases!). 

After sampling almost everything the Clarins All About Lips gift set caught my eye. 




The set contains two Natural Lip Perfectors (one in nude, the other in peachy pink); two Colour Quench Lip Balm (one in gold, the other rich pink); and the cutest gold pencil case make-up bag. This little gem is a limited edition gift set for £17, ideal for Christmas gifts, or in this case, “I-just-couldn’t-resist-and-definitely-deserve-it” present for myself.  




The Natural Lip Protector is a fabulous hybrid product – part lip balm, part lip tint. Infused with shea butter, mango, Vitamin A and E it is moisturising, protective and feels super smooth upon application. The pink or nude give a little pop of long lasting, non drying colour.  

The Colour Quench Lip Balm is more gloss than balm but still works as a lip moisturiser. It’s non sticky, smells fruity and tastes lovely. 

Did you attend the Stylist Skincare event? Or have you tried the All About Lips gift set? Please do let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this and I really wanted to attend. Sounds amazing, I hope they do another soon

    ReplyDelete