belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Sunday 29 January 2012

The George at Asda make-over

A package arrived this week and out spilled some of the gorgeous cosmetics from the George at Asda range, courtesy of the George PR team, so I decided to set myself the George at Asda make-over challenge...


Step one: The nothing-but-moisturiser-not-so-pretty-on-a-Sunday-morning blank canvas



Step two: Apply George Face Primer and George Under Eye Concealer

I started with the creamy, fluffy and a little bit sticky primer followed by generous dollops of the YSL Touche Eclat style concealer. Touche Eclat is one of my favourite beauty products; I rarely leave the house without mine stashed in my handbag. It's essential for quick bursts of nude coloured iridescence my cheek or brow bone, or as a light-reflecting concealer under my eyes. George's version looks exactly the same, however the consistency is thick, creamy and harder to blend; it is much more suited to the role of concealer than highlighter


Concealer applied under my eyes and along my nose


Step three: George Shimmer Me! Brush-On Powder applied using a mineral foundation brush to my full face, then applied to my eyes using an eye shadow brush


Step four: George Faux Lash False Lash Effect mascara, followed by George Blush, No.2 Peachy, finished with one last dusting of George Shimmer Me! Brush-On Powder. 

The mascara creates statement, stand out, long lashes however it does take 30 seconds to dry and did smudge a little


Step five: ask long suffering but very kindly obliging boyfriend to take one last photo! The George at Asda make-over is complete!

The range is available in large Asda stores; I've found it hard to track down recent prices online however from reading other blog posts I'm assured the range is very affordable. My favourite product is the George Under-Eye Concealer as the coverage is fantastic and the colour perfect for my skin tone. I recommend locating an Asda store and treating yourself to something from the range.

Have you tried any of the products?











No comments:

Post a Comment