belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Sunday 6 May 2012

The Beauty Blogger’s Guide To Glamorous (Back)Packing


I’ve been neglecting Belles On Style recently and for that I apologise; my only excuse is that my boyfriend and I went on an amazing holiday to India and I’ve been resisting reality for as long as possible. I’m satisfied that I’ve milked the just-home-from-holiday-feeling and I’m now ready to fully embrace the real world. I’m also desperate to share some beauty wisdoms I learned on my trip.

This was my first experience of backpacking; we travelled from Mumbia to Goa to Kerela and back again and I quickly discovered the beauty essentials I was relieved I’d packed, and the ones I desperately wish I had brought with me.

The essentials I had...

Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner


After a day in the sea and the sun I looked like a bedraggled, windswept scarecrow but following shampooing and conditioning I generously squirted Aussie’s leave-in conditioner hair to rescue my hair.

Batiste Dry Shampoo Blush


Perfect for mattifying and giving my hair an injection of volume, especially when contending with the South Indian humidity.

Simple Derma Intensive Relief Lotion



The ultimate dual action antidote to my sunburned and dry skin.

Simple Radiance Brightening Cleansing Wipes


The Rolls Royce of face wipes: so soft and luxurious. I took them with my everywhere as they served so many purposes (removed make-up, cleaned my hands and scrubbed Mumbai dirt and Goa sand off my feet).

Bare Minerals Foundation


It doesn’t slide off like a liquid foundation would in the heat, also a saviour for evening out my lobster face.

St. Tropez SPF 50 Face With Tan Enhancer

Because wrinkles are not cool.

The essentials I longed for...

A body spray!
I wasn’t prepared to take the risk and pack my Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey but I did wish I had a lovely scent to squoosh before dinner each night. Something super cheap, easily disposable and delightfully tropical from Impulse would have been perfect.

A Boho Chic headband...
To disguise my disastrous “hasn’t seen a hairdryer in days” and “not coping well with the humidity” hair.




Semi permanent eye lash extensions
With my make-up sliding off my face as soon as I stepped off the plane in Mumbai I quickly realised that any attempt at applying mascara would prove futile; eye lash extensions would have been the solution.

A washboard stomach, Frankie Sandford’s would have been ideal

No comments:

Post a Comment