belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Jo Malone, Wild Bluebell Cologne, white chocolate bunnies

I spent a gorgeous afternoon in the Jo Malone store in Chelsea this weekend. To celebrate the launch of the new cologne, Wild Bluebell, the store was treating customers to hand massages, champagne and beautiful white chocolate bunnies.





As a chocolate addict I can't believe I've not devoured this yet... but its just too pretty!


My favourite cologne is Nectarine Blossom and Honey and luckily the store advisor enthused that Wild Bluebell works very well as a combination scent. Wild Bluebell sits within the light floral group, directly next to Nectarine Blossom and Honey.










First I washed my hands using Wild Bluebell Body and Hand Wash - straight away I could smell the floral, light and slightly fruity scents. For the hand massage the store advisor used Red Roses Hand and Body Lotion, the cream felt gorgeous and the smell was quite delicate and light. Red Roses acted as the perfect base to combine a few spritzes of Wild Bluebell cologne on my left arm and Nectarine Blossom Honey on my right. The colognes complimented each other perfectly and I was undecided about which scent I preferred (I gave my friend a blind scent test later that afternoon - interestingly she chose Wild Bluebell). To complete my Jo Malone afternoon I was given a glass of champagne and the loveliest white chocolate bunny.


I'm very much in love with the entire Jo Malone cologne experience; I feel like an apothecarist as I stand in front of the jars, anticipating which ones I will experiment with. The store team members are always knowledgeable and keen to offer advice and ideas for new ways to combine the smells.


I liked Wild Bluebell as its light, sweet and a little bit fruity. Although I find woody, spicier scents distinctive and strong on other people, I always go back to citrus and fruit.


Wild Bluebell is available from Jo Malone, £72 for 100ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment