belles on style

Welcome to Belles On Style, a fashion and beauty blog written by sisters Amy and Sarah. Living in London & Glasgow.

Saturday 17 September 2011

Maybelline New York: Volum' Express The Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara

Maybelline's new mascara, Volum' Express, The Colossal Cat Eyes has featured in the press extensively since its launch on 31st August. From Elsa McAlonan's beauty pages in the Daily Mail to British Beauty Blogger to this months InStyle, this new mascara has been everywhere. Putting all my trust in the top beauty journalists I decided to invest and judge for myself.

InStyle beauty writer Malena Harbers explains, "Animal prints stormed the a/w 2011 catwalk and mascara brushes have gone wild too... The latest eye-sculpting mascara brushes are designed to grab lashes - particularly at the outer corners - and stretch them for an elongated effect."





Cat Eyes really does "grab" the lashes. The brush is long, very thin, curved and almost sticky as it paints your lashes a very dark inky black (there is only one shade - black). Instantly I was impressed with this mascara, I can absolutely see it becoming an all time favourite and staple in my make up bag. Over the past week I've worn it everyday - but without eye liner or eye shadow to avoid looking OTT for work. It is definitely strong enough for night as well but teamed with liquid eyeliner and smokey eye shadow for bold feline inspired eyes.






It is available nationwide for £7.99 but as Superdrug are running a special offer, I picked mine up for a bargain £5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment